Monday, February 1, 2010

Resume-ing blogging

The reason that the time interval between the last post and this is about half an year is not because these have been some unadventurous days in my life, it has more to do with the inability of blogging to help me cultivate and hone the will to write that I thought it would do - the will to write anything and everything I do, anything and everything I think about, anything and everything I don't think about when I'm thinking about something else etc. Another problem is that I've acquired this weird ending-sentences-with-exclamation-marks syndrome, which not only makes me and others gasp at the end of nearly every sentence, but also requires greater effort to type than the hackneyed full stop! And it just doesn't end there - sometimes there are two or more of them!!

For this post though, I blame my optimism, some friends and a sudden attenuation of my slothful nature. And because of the last of the aforementioned reasons, I now think that I should write about all the interesting things in my life over the past 6 months or so. And what better way to do it than the same way I once became used to describing myself in? So, with this, I "resume" blogging.




PS: I guess you'll have to click on the image to access it. Stupid Blogger formatting. Can never make head or tail of it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back :)

shashank sharma said...

:)

Another one

Community Service:

Conducted several workshops and literary reviews for illiterati (one in particular).

Novocaine said...

Nice one dude, totally rocks :)

Sharad said...

lol... nice... ending-sentences-with-exclamation-marks-syndrome (add to that multiple full stops) is smthing i acquired too long back as can be seen in almost every blog post or status msg of mine on fb!!! that too 2 or more of them!!! And i hope that even I can "hone and cultivate" the will to write pretty soon... i miss blogging... damn...

Sohil Bhagat said...

@vivek and novacaine: thanks man
@shashank: Nice idea. Should have put it there.
@sharad: !!

reticent observer said...

awesome man........:):D

ritika said...

Hey its so much fun not-having-to-read-all-those-complicated-sentences-with-multiple exclamation marks!!! the resume part is simply awesome !!!

Shefali said...

@ ritika - talking of complicated sentences - "The reason that the time interval between the last post and this is about half an year is not because these have been some unadventurous days in my life, it has more to do with the inability of blogging to help me cultivate and hone the will to write that I thought it would do - the will to write anything and everything I do, anything and everything I think about, anything and everything I don't think about when I'm thinking about something else etc."
Still haven't made head or tail of it. Lose the thread halfway everytime! Nice work :P

Sohil Bhagat said...

@reticent and ritika: thanks :)
@shefali: come on..exaggeration.. Anyway, you did make me realize that that sentence is actually rather long, if not as complicated.